Silver SPring Animal Wellness Center offers pet rehabilitation therapy!
Animal rehab helps pets with post-operative mobility, orthopedic, arthritic conditions, neurological, geriatric or weight management issues. Rehab therapy can help pets stay as healthy and active as they can. Each pet undergoes an individualized one-on-one evaluation and a custom rehab program is designed for your pet.
Common Conditions Treated with Rehabilitation include:
- Osteoarthritis & Chronic Pain
- Cruciate Injuries — Injury to the cranial cruciate ligament (CCL), also known as the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in humans.
- Geriatric Issues — Weakness in the hindlimbs (hips and knees), difficulty walking, difficulty getting up or sitting down, difficulty walking up or down steps.
- Neurologic Conditions — Disc disease, post-op disc surgery, degenerative myelopathy (DM), Wobbler's syndrome.
- Orthopedic Conditions — Partial tear or complete tear of the CCL or other ligaments, sprains, strains, iliospoas issues.
- Post-Op Surgery — CCL, femoral head ostectomy (FHO), total hip replacement surgery, osteocondritis dessicans (OCD) lesions, stem cell replacement surgery, fracture repair.
- Post-Traumatic Injuries
Canine & Feline Rehabilitation can help:
- Decrease or eliminate pain
- Improve function and quality of movement
- Facilitate tissue healing
- Improve muscle strength and endurance
- Increase range of motion
- Facilitate weight loss
- Prevent muscle atrophy and/or contracture post surgery
- Encourage normal weight bearing and gait post surgery
- Prevent other injuries
- Decrease the need for medications
- Improve spacial awareness
- Improve balance and coordination
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about rehab for your pet, call us at (414) 228-7655.